Thump's Place FL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thump's Place FL

For my friends and familys amusement and edification

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Hard Drive

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thump

Thump

New Hard Drive Empty
PostSubject: New Hard Drive   New Hard Drive Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:14 pm

New Hard Drive L_banner_05
New Hard Drive L_banner_06
New Hard Drive L_banner_07

Free shipping with promo code EMCLSNT27
The Product Page

I ordered me one today, I've wanted a big hard drive in a computer, the biggest I've had is the
320 gig one I have in this Dell I'm using now. Guess I'll put this one right in there with it.

Thump
Back to top Go down
http://www.thumpnet.com
rockhump

rockhump

New Hard Drive Empty
PostSubject: New Hard Drive   New Hard Drive Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 6:42 am

Well, that's certainly a big hard drive! Is there a point of diminishing returns though when you go bigger and bigger? I mean, would it take longer for the pointers to find your documents if you filled up a 1 terabyte as opposed to a 320gb?
Back to top Go down
Thump

Thump

New Hard Drive Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hard Drive   New Hard Drive Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:43 pm

Maybe in theory but no, I've never heard anyone complain. It just takes the time to get the
address of whatever you're trying to get and goes straight to it. It doesn't have to travel
across the front of the hard drive to get there. That's not the fastest one though and you
can get a 10,000 rpm one about anywhere for more money and Jordan Eavis (Duff) is
going for a supposedly faster one with some kind of "boost" but I don't play games so this
one is plenty fast for me.

Thump
Back to top Go down
http://www.thumpnet.com
Sponsored content

New Hard Drive Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hard Drive   New Hard Drive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Hard Drive
Page 1 of 1