Thump's Place FL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thump's Place FL

For my friends and familys amusement and edification

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Call About The Church

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thump

Thump

Call About The Church Empty
PostSubject: Call About The Church   Call About The Church Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 1:02 pm

I'd talked to Byrd about a week ago and he asked if they could take the canopy down
over the gas pump island and I told him sure to go ahead. I wasn't going to sell gas
anymore.

Just got a call from somebody, sounded like "Darcy?", don't know. He said he just
drove by there and they were tearing the canopy down and he thought he should
check and see if I knew about it. He laughed and joked, asked about Florida, said they
were going to try and get down here, one of his is in school but the other doesn't care
when they come.

I joliied back and thanked him for letting me know. I have absolutely no idea who it could
have been.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thumpnet.com
rockhump

rockhump

PostSubject: Call About The Church   Call About The Church Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 7:28 am

I've heard the name Darby mentioned a few times by Granny.. Maybe one of Larry's kids?
Back to top Go down
jeanhump

PostSubject: darcy   Call About The Church Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 8:44 am

Darby is the only name that I can think of that sounds similar.
He is 19 now and Larry gave him a car, but he isn't married nor does he have childres. He is going to school though and has a girlfriend. I noticed them taking it down and it looks better.
They keep it so neat looking.
Back to top Go down
Thump

Thump

PostSubject: Re: Call About The Church   Call About The Church Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 9:43 am

Well it wasn't Billy Bob Helen said. He called later and mentioned the same thing.
Said they were probably going to sell it for scrap metal.

I hope the Byrd guy can make it ok but he said there's only three familys left now since
the other preacher left. Said the others went with the preacher that left. He's trying
to do the preaching now for free. The other preacher was working for free when he left
and didn't have any other job. Both said the hard times had driven the church broke.
This probably isn't going to last long.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thumpnet.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call About The Church   Call About The Church Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Call About The Church
Page 1 of 1