Thump's Place FL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thump's Place FL

For my friends and familys amusement and edification

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Boot Time 4 Rock

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thump

Thump

Boot Time 4 Rock Empty
PostSubject: Boot Time 4 Rock   Boot Time 4 Rock Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:17 pm

I just wrote a not very good short How-To for speeding your boot time
up by 20 seconds (or more) if you don't stand by a second and press
the enter key on the keyboard.

I wrote it with you in mind so not enough info for most people.
Click Here to see the How-To
Back to top Go down
http://www.thumpnet.com
rockhump

rockhump

Boot Time 4 Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot Time 4 Rock   Boot Time 4 Rock Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:09 am

Yep, that does make it faster! Compared to my work computer though, it was already 10 times faster so I never noticed much. I typically get up, push the on button, brush my teeth and it's ready.
Back to top Go down
Thump

Thump

Boot Time 4 Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot Time 4 Rock   Boot Time 4 Rock Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 12:25 pm

It doesn't really make any difference to me either, when I get up I turn on the coffee if it isn't already on, go start the computer, then to the bathroom to wash and clean my mouth and use mouthwash. I don't turn it off until bedtime. If it has to reboot for an update or something I get up and go do something else while it's doing that.

I was there to change the boot order, after I installed Win 7 on the solid state drive it booted to it automatically and I still prefer my 32 bit install with all my stuff on it. So, I set it to boot to it first like it did before. While I was in there I reset my boot time to 5 seconds and remembered I told you when you set yours up that you could change how long it took to boot. You said Tracy wondered why it set there so long before it booted up.

The first time it booted after I set it on 5 it just flashed by but after that it does look like 5 will be fine even if I want to boot to anyther OS install.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thumpnet.com
Sponsored content

Boot Time 4 Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boot Time 4 Rock   Boot Time 4 Rock Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boot Time 4 Rock
Page 1 of 1