Thump's Place FL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thump's Place FL

For my friends and familys amusement and edification

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pratt's descend

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rockhump

rockhump

Pratt's descend Empty
PostSubject: Pratt's descend   Pratt's descend Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 8:38 am

The Pratt family is heading this way later today..Im anxiously looking forward to ..

1. A detailed explanation on how hard it is to get by on a fixed income.

2. A comparison of various grocery items' prices (then and now)

3. A failed attempt to get my coffee at Hardees with the Senior Citizen's discount.

4. Bumming me for a beer, taking one sip, scowling horribly, covering the remainder with aluminum foil and placing it back into the frig never to be drank again.

Wish me well...
Back to top Go down
Thump

Thump

Pratt's descend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pratt's descend   Pratt's descend Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 10:04 am

Good Luck!

The old aluminum foil burial eh? Gotta grab that and drink it fast.
Just shroud it with some aluminum foil and say a few words over
it.
I can't think of anything sweet that you could mix with beer that wouldn't completely ruin it but you might try putting about half tomato juice and have him try that.

Thump
Back to top Go down
http://www.thumpnet.com
jeanhump

Pratt's descend Empty
PostSubject: Pratt's visit   Pratt's descend Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 3:39 pm

Hope you have a nice visit with your in-laws. Old people are funny., I know from experience. Try to see the humor in his actions, however do not laugh out loud.
Back to top Go down
Thump

Thump

Pratt's descend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pratt's descend   Pratt's descend Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 6:40 pm

I just read it to Helen and she was laughing. She siad "He's got JR down hasn't he?".
Back to top Go down
rockhump

rockhump

Pratt's descend Empty
PostSubject: Pratt's descend   Pratt's descend Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 6:01 am

hahaah..I had hoped everyone would like my post as I was pretty sure it was my best work here to date. I always enjoy thier visits and they aren't as frequent as they use to be nor last as long. We'll wake up one day and they'll be gone and missed. Of course, that doesn't preclude me from adding two more to the list.. Very Happy

1. The post dinner half hearted fumbling for the wallet after I have offered to pay.

2. The full hearted request to leave the tip afterwards necessitating me to add to this meager amount secretly to avoid embarrassment at a place I frequent weekly.
Back to top Go down
jeanhump

Pratt's descend Empty
PostSubject: old people and tips   Pratt's descend Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:21 am

I had a good laugh over your last post.
That last point you made about leaving a tip reminds me of someone I eat with frequently. It breaks her heart to leave a dollar. Of course, she gets it honest; her daddy was Frank (better known as skin, as in skinflint).
But it is impossible not to see the humor of such a personality.
Back to top Go down
Thump

Thump

Pratt's descend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pratt's descend   Pratt's descend Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 11:09 am

rockhump wrote:

1. The post dinner half hearted fumbling for the wallet after I have offered to pay.
Maybe just insecurity, I sometimes touch mine even if someone else has offered to pay and it hasn't been forthcoming in a timely manner.

As for the second, I as a grandskinson am not the best tipper.
I only give a gratuity if I'm feeling gratuitous and still think it should be for superior service and not just being there. I just never accepted it as a extra charge. It certainly has nothing to do with the cost of what I've ordered.

Thump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pratt's descend Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pratt's descend   Pratt's descend Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pratt's descend
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Thump's Place FL :: General Discussion :: Maryville-
Jump to: