Thump's Place FL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thump's Place FL

For my friends and familys amusement and edification

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Diversify, Diversify

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thump

Thump

Diversify, Diversify Empty
PostSubject: Diversify, Diversify   Diversify, Diversify Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:27 am

Diversify, Diversify Toon
Back to top Go down
http://www.thumpnet.com
jeanhump

PostSubject: diversify   Diversify, Diversify Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:51 am

It may be a joke, but that's what I've been thinking, but what's the use, the gov. will print so much that it won't be worth a darn. Hold onto any gold and silver you have. Have you still got the big box of silver medals I gave you years ago? If so, hang on.
Back to top Go down
Thump

Thump

PostSubject: Re: Diversify, Diversify   Diversify, Diversify Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:14 pm

That's very astute Mom and you are right.

Those fleeing the stock market have caused the dollar to gain in value just because it's in
demand. Of course the general consensus is wrong again. The dollar is going to hell in a
handbasket.

The government is resonding to the burst of the housing bubble and financial markets by
trying to reflate the bubble and creating tons of extra money. The govenment is back to
a rising deficit and I see no way to save the dollar as the government tries it inflate our
way out of the mess. Yet here I sit with a lot of dollars and can't seem to get off the dime.
I'm really going to look into Swiss Francs again, I wanted Helen to open a bank account
in Switzerland when she was there but she didn't follow through. Had to stay with the tour
group. It's very easy to open an account there if you're physically present.

Yes, I still have those medals, they're in a lock box in Elizabethton with quite a bit of
siver bullion and a little gold. We have some in a lock box here as well.
I also have about $12,000 invested in a gold and silver holding company, CEF, and all
they do is hold bullion and have for many, many years. It's been down this year as dollar
investments went up but I think it looks good for the future.

There's an interesting related article today on Yahoo finance

Predictions from the man who forecast the meltdown

PS: Metals down today but here's a chart of gold:

Diversify, Diversify GBX_LINE_365DAY_BIG

Thump
Back to top Go down
http://www.thumpnet.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diversify, Diversify   Diversify, Diversify Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diversify, Diversify