Thump's Place FL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thump's Place FL

For my friends and familys amusement and edification

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ISO Recording and Burning

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thump

Thump

ISO Recording and Burning Empty
PostSubject: ISO Recording and Burning   ISO Recording and Burning Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 5:06 pm

One of my all time favorites is ISOrecorder for recording and ISO
but it does seem to have a limitation in XP and can't copy ISO files
from a DVD. I searched for something to fill that void and may
have found the next best thing but have no idea how it works since
I haven't used it yet. There's a small description of it below:
http://lists.thedatalist.com/pages/CD-DVD_Burners.php#FinalBurner%20FREE

Thump
Back to top Go down
http://www.thumpnet.com
rockhump

rockhump

PostSubject: dvd   ISO Recording and Burning Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 9:33 pm

Tried to burn the iso download again to DVD to no avail..Thought..What the hell and tried to burn any old file to dvd and it didn't work either? Just bought new Sony DVD-R media and am stunned.. I know I have burned a couple of windows movie maker dvd's before but now they don't seem to want to burn..Possibly my damned ol burner is dead or I'm not using the right media..Seems like in the past though I had to use -R for it to work. Don't guess I can burn Jack..I take that back..I made Tracy an audio CD the other day. ODD..
Back to top Go down
Thump

Thump

PostSubject: Re: ISO Recording and Burning   ISO Recording and Burning Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 6:49 am

You have the correct media, DVD-R will work in any DVD burner
that works and has functioning software correctly installed.
I just got up, I'll think about it in a little while.

<edit>10:07
I don't know unless you've only got a CD burner/DVD player.
I've asked the kids but they're in school right now so maybe
I'll hear something later.

r1of3r said:
Ask him whether the tray or on the CD Drive bears the RW logo (the DVD Burner logo)
</edit>

Thump
Back to top Go down
rockhump

rockhump

PostSubject: dvd burning   ISO Recording and Burning Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 6:53 am

Messed with dvd burning again last night.. It appears one of my main problems was trying to burn a windows movie maker file to dvd. Apparently this isn't possible.. I think this is called a wmmmv ? file and is merely a project file and can't be burned to dvd. Finally figured out how to change the project to a dv-av file so I could save it to dvd. Still not real happy with that format as it places the audio and video in seperate folders and I'm not sure it will work properly when inserted into a dvd player ( to watch on tv). Used the link Thump sent to download the freeburner. Had tried Roxio which is on my computer and twice through the burn process, I got the blue screen of death and a dump file. Only way out was to push the button on my PC to turn off power. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Thump

Thump

PostSubject: Re: ISO Recording and Burning   ISO Recording and Burning Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 9:50 am

rockhump wrote:
I think this is called a wmmmv ? file and is merely a project file and can't be burned to dvd.
The forum farted and I lost what I'd typed.
I don't know if that's a project file or not but the finished version is
a .wmv file and it should work fine or I thought it did.
Windows default setting doesn't tell you the file type without right
clicking and selecting "Properties". I always change mine. Just off
the top of my head - Click "Tools" and then the one at the bottom,
"Options" I think and then click "Advanced".
Then uncheck the box nest to "Hide known file types".
Windows may know them but that don't mean I do and I don't
want them to hide it from me.

I'll pass the info on. Not getting much help right now, I think r1of3r
is commited but he's not the most knowledable in the bunch.

Thump
Back to top Go down
Thump

Thump

PostSubject: Re: ISO Recording and Burning   ISO Recording and Burning Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 11:39 am

I don't think we know what you're trying to do.
You're not trying to do anything with an .ISO are you.
Kevin wrote:

Burning a movie to a DVD playable on a DVD player requires authoring and encoding it... this typically takes a long time to do, on my computer, it took 2 and a half hours to author and encode a 2 hour movie...

seems to me though, that he hasn't figured out how to make the ISO image... I use WinISO for that, but mine is a cracked version... I think the free trial one will still let you make an image of a CD...
Any DVD movie does have the sound in a seperate folder though, I
know that and it does work.
How big is the file?

Thump
Back to top Go down
rockhump

rockhump

PostSubject: forum woes   ISO Recording and Burning Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 5:57 am

Posted a long diatribe about dvd fab and hit send. Came back to the same screen I was on..Hit send again and it looks like t lost my post.. Mad
Back to top Go down
Thump

Thump

PostSubject: Re: ISO Recording and Burning   ISO Recording and Burning Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:13 pm

Sorry about that, I lose posts a lot. Sometimes I write the posts in notepad and then copy and paste. I never lose any when I do that and it's not too much trouble. I still don't do it a lot though.
I hope DVDfab doesn what it's supposed to, there used to be others but I've lost track.

<edit>
I just happened to run across the one I meant to send, it's by the same company as DVDclone, Slysoft, but it does what you want. The program I meant to recommend was AnyDVD and it works with DVDclone.
</edit>
Back to top Go down
rockhump

rockhump

PostSubject: dvd fab 2   ISO Recording and Burning Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 7:02 am

Yeah, will type and then hit copy before sending again..

Downloaded that DVD fab.They have a free version now..Very simple to use.. Loaded in a dvd Ma had sent awhile back and and clicked on fab..It let me choose what parts of the movie I wanted to save..Got rid of all the credits, previews, etc. so it would fit. Barely did..If it hadn't, would have downloaded DVD Shrink to fix that.. Will still need to in the future I suspect although I probably want burn many. Fab also stripped all the protections.
So, very happy with it1

Went back through my emails and didn't see any mention of office 2007 as what you wanted me to ISO? If that's what you want..I can try it again?
Back to top Go down
Thump

Thump

PostSubject: Re: ISO Recording and Burning   ISO Recording and Burning Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:57 am

It's great that you've got a program that does what you want, I'll make a note for the next time I try to do something like that if I do again, it's been a long time since I have. You're the expert now on how to rip DVDs.
I gotta go over to Curly's and try and save his stuff and put in his new Acer that came yesterday, I'll check in when I can.

Thump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ISO Recording and Burning   ISO Recording and Burning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ISO Recording and Burning
Page 1 of 1