Thump's Place FL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thump's Place FL

For my friends and familys amusement and edification

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My First E-bay Sale

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thump

Thump

My First E-bay Sale Empty
PostSubject: My First E-bay Sale   My First E-bay Sale Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 9:03 pm

I reckon. I put it up with a starting bid of $75.00, free shipping to whoever buys it
in the contigious 48 and it hit in less than 30 minutes. I looked at some of the
closing for the item, Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade, and some had time
running out around and below the bid I got. almost the full 7 days to go.

Thump
Back to top Go down
http://www.thumpnet.com
rockhump

rockhump

PostSubject: My First E-bay Sale   My First E-bay Sale Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 6:34 am

I've sold a few things on Ebay in the past.. If I understood you right, you set a reserve price but not a buy it now. If someone has already hit the reserve price then you are obligated to sell of course. However, it's likely to go higher if it already hit $75 and there's still 7 days to go. Good job. Send me a link to the listing and I can track it too.
Back to top Go down
Thump

Thump

PostSubject: Re: My First E-bay Sale   My First E-bay Sale Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 11:35 am

Not a reserve price I don't think, I set the begining bid price. No second bid yet and if there
is one I'm pretty sure it'll come close to the sale ending. Someone lurking around the
closing sales. I wish I'd looked now to see if I could have shortened the bidding to maybe
three days instead of the default 7.
My Auction

I do want to brag on ebay's sane captcha, easy for a human to read. I tried to set up a
test email at Windows Live Essentials Live Mail (same as hotmail now) and a Google email
to try out Google Apps in a virtual machine. Failed many times, your Ma finally helped me
get one at Windows Live. I might can get her to help me and try again on the Google one
later but I tired of it. Ebay was easy. I thought about giving one of the kids 50 cents apiece to
get me some test accounts or getting one of the good bots that can cheat it by trial and error.

Thump
Back to top Go down
rockhump

rockhump

PostSubject: My First E-bay Sale   My First E-bay Sale Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 7:47 am

Ok..Looks good and I'll keep an eye on it.Let me know if you want me to throw in a bid to try and drive it up. The one bidder you have may have set his bid higher and hopes he gets it at 75 bucks.

Do you have a Paypal account? Looks like you will accept Paypal payments.
Back to top Go down
Thump

Thump

PostSubject: Re: My First E-bay Sale   My First E-bay Sale Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 2:05 pm

Nah, I'm satisfied with $75 and don't want to jeapardize it but will welcome any true bids
that come in higher. Yeah, I've had a paypal for awhile now so I set it for people to pay
with. I've never had any money in it before, guess I will after this. It's
mywinworld2 at yahoo dot com

Thump
Back to top Go down
jeanhump

PostSubject: ebay and half.com   My First E-bay Sale Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 9:16 am

I buy and sell books often at half.com, which ebay took over. I get a lot more for them that I do from Mr K (who sell used books and gives you some credit on yours).
Back to top Go down
Thump

Thump

PostSubject: Re: My First E-bay Sale   My First E-bay Sale Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 6:48 pm

Wow, I got $95 when most were selling for $75.

My First E-bay Sale Ebay_95x39 - Congratulations, your item sold!

Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade

Yeah, I knew you did Mom but this was my first time.

Thump
Back to top Go down
rockhump

rockhump

PostSubject: My First E-bay Sale   My First E-bay Sale Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 6:44 am

Congrats on the sell again Thump! With only the one sell, make sure you provide good feedback and timely shipping so you will receive good feedback. May help in the future if you sell anything else. I tend to stay away from sellers with a low number transactions especially if they have had bad feedback.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My First E-bay Sale   My First E-bay Sale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My First E-bay Sale
Page 1 of 1