Thump's Place FL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thump's Place FL

For my friends and familys amusement and edification

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sad day

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rockhump

rockhump

Sad day Empty
PostSubject: Sad day   Sad day Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:01 pm

at the Maryville Humphreys' house.. Had to put Cricket to sleep. She was a great dog but the lymphoma was getting the best of her. She's better off but it still sux of course.
Back to top Go down
jeanhump

Sad day Empty
PostSubject: sad day   Sad day Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 7:46 am

Yes, Rocky, it is hard but it's so much better than letting it suffer. When I was around 10 years old, a stray dog was run over by a car and smashed bad. I couldn't stand to wait for it to die and be out of it's misery. I grabbed it up and carried it to our nearby creek and held it under to drown. It may have already been dead when I got to the creek but I wanted to be sure.
It's a pity that humans aren't treated as humanely. I've always thought that death is not as bad as irreprable pain.
There is a beautiful dog that lives on Dave Buck road (above the house) that comes to my house every time it gets out , through all kinds of weather, which is often and stays with me 2 or 3 days at a time, before they come after it. Often it wakes me up barking to get in. It's a maltese, young and with a wonderful disposition.
Back to top Go down
rockhump

rockhump

Sad day Empty
PostSubject: Sad day   Sad day Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 6:45 am

Yeah Granny, she had a good long life and it was her time. Much more troubling in the macro sense is the number of animals put to death yearly just because nobody wanted them.

Never heard the dog drowning story before Granny. Pretty tough act of mercy for a ten year old but I shouldn't have expected anything less from you! Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sad day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad day   Sad day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sad day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Thump's Place FL :: General Discussion :: Maryville-
Jump to: