Thump's Place FL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thump's Place FL

For my friends and familys amusement and edification

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

new roof?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rockhump

rockhump

new roof? Empty
PostSubject: new roof?   new roof? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 7:00 am

Got a flyer in the mail a couple of weeks ago from a local roofing company that said it appeared I had wind/ hail damage to my roof and I might be eligible for a new one. I called them several days ago and they came out and looked. They asked me who my insurance company was and I told them. They then called them for me and an adjuster came out. The ""property damage manager" for the roofing company met the adjuster at my house and they surveyed it together. Bottomline is the roofing guy said the adjuster bought it and that I'd probably get a whole new roof at just the cost of my deductible. Supposedly, I'll be getting a check in the mail from my insurance company over the next week.

Still a little sceptical until I see the check and how much it is for. The quote for a new roof was 13k and was given to the adjuster. I can't believe there won't be alot less than that awarded based on depreciation of the roof already. The roofing company is quite reputable and have done several roofs in our subdivision.

Guess we'll see what happens. Even if I have to pay 3 grand or so, I'll do it.
Back to top Go down
Thump

Thump

new roof? Empty
PostSubject: Re: new roof?   new roof? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:09 am

Don't sound very reputable to me. And $13,000 is exorbitant I think, we paid a little over $4,000 for
ours. The Home Depot team gave us a $6,500 estimate, local gave us $3,900 but raised it to over
$4,000 after the hurricane when everybody needed their roof fixed. I got their heaviest duty
felt and a mid range shingle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thumpnet.com
rockhump

rockhump

new roof? Empty
PostSubject: new roof?   new roof? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 5:54 am

Got a call from the adjuster yesterday. They are sending me a check for the full amount (13,400) minus the 500 buck deductible! My buddy Rick says I can fall into a pile of shit and come out smelling like a rose Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new roof? Empty
PostSubject: Re: new roof?   new roof? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new roof?
Page 1 of 1