Thump's Place FL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thump's Place FL

For my friends and familys amusement and edification

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

keyboard and mouse bath

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jeanhump

keyboard and mouse bath Empty
PostSubject: keyboard and mouse bath   keyboard and mouse bath Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 10:22 am

I have to turn my keyboard upside down periodically and bang it against the table to rid it of crumbs and ashes and one time I did it too violently and lost some of the keys, necessitating buying a new one. However, yesterday I did something even more stupid. I spilled my tea on my mouse and it immmediately stopped working.
I tried an old one, but it wouldn't work (which is the reason I had gotten a new one). I just dried the other one the best I could and left it overnight and it is fine today.

Another subject: I went to my 64th high school reunion yesterday. The numbers have really decreased drastically. There were 4 left out of 19 original. There are 3 others but the are incompacitated to the point of being unable to attend. We decided , at my suggestion, that we meet each 6 months rather than annually. I also suggested we start meeting at Shoneys,
since Buddy is manager and the eating places are trying to stay in business
at this time. They have been affected by the economy but not as badly as
some other businesses. I will help as long as I can, I eat out at least 4 days a week (once a week at shoneys).
Back to top Go down
Thump

Thump

PostSubject: Re: keyboard and mouse bath   keyboard and mouse bath Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:16 pm

Well if it's working ok, that's fine. The danger is the sticky sugar for a keyboard.
You really shouldn't even try to use one after it's wet, you should dry it first.

If you lost the keys off the old keyboard then they're just gone I guess but they
can be put back. Some at least require disassembly though. I checked and just
found one guy now that submerges his keyboard in water to clean it and then
dry's it out before using it. He said it was too much trouble to have to put the
keys back. He wrapped plastic around the USB plug though and sealed it to
keep it dry.

There used to be an article on the net about how you could take a keyboard apart
and remove the membrane and gasket and wash them in a dishwasher with cold
water (no dry cycle though). The membrane and gasket would be damaged by it.
He just wiped them off with a wet rag.

Thump
Back to top Go down
http://www.thumpnet.com
jeanhump

PostSubject: mouse and keyboard   keyboard and mouse bath Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 1:50 pm

Well luckily, the tea wasn't sweetened. About the keyboard, I picked one up at Salvation Army (S.A. Boutique) for $1.00. It has worked fine for over a year, withstanding much shaking. I'm still a bargain hunter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: keyboard and mouse bath   keyboard and mouse bath Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

keyboard and mouse bath
Page 1 of 1