Thump's Place FL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thump's Place FL

For my friends and familys amusement and edification

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

E-mail Virus Warning!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thump

Thump

E-mail Virus Warning!! Empty
PostSubject: E-mail Virus Warning!!   E-mail Virus Warning!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 1:07 pm

Helen's retired friend Pat likes to e-mail back and forth with me and sometimes has real
nice ones whether I'm interested in them or not and if I get a really good one I send it
to her when I'm sending it around.

She does a real good job of it and removes all the history about who sent it to who
before she got it and it's not much work at all to clean it up and send it on if I think
it deserves it.
But she keeps sending on the e-mail virus warnings, you know the ones, the "Send
This to all your friends immedialtely!" ones.
Whoever started this one claimed to have talked with Norton antivirus about it and
said it was particularly virulent. It's titled "POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK" and it
will burn up your hard drive.

I clicked reply and took out the subject line and wrote in POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK
and wrote:
Hey Pat,
Just kidding. You opened it didn't you?
How much good do you think it will do to mail out these warnings? Everybody's
going to open them anyway.

I hope she doesn't get mad but I couldn't help myself.

<edit>
Pat's reply:
LOL yes I opened it because it was from you + I trust you
</edit>

Thump
Back to top Go down
http://www.thumpnet.com
rockhump

rockhump

E-mail Virus Warning!! Empty
PostSubject: E-mail Virus Warning!!   E-mail Virus Warning!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:14 am

Yeah, that's pretty funny..Of course she opened it! Tracy got one of the known email virus's a few weeks ago.. Can't remember exactly which one but I think it was the UPS shipment notification. She clicked on it and it had a link where the real virus was.. She came and got me at the time.. I deleted it of course and no problem. I did dramatize it by saying I think I got it in time and ran adaware and a few things to emphasize she should be really careful. She'll watch a little better in the future!
Back to top Go down

E-mail Virus Warning!!
Page 1 of 1