Thump's Place FL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thump's Place FL

For my friends and familys amusement and edification

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FREE NoteLens 1.07

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thump

Thump

FREE  NoteLens 1.07 Empty
PostSubject: FREE NoteLens 1.07   FREE  NoteLens 1.07 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:51 am

I just downloaded this program today and installed it and tested it and it works great!
I recommend it to everyone. It puts an icon on the desktop and you can click it and
click new message when it opens and write in or paste anything you like and it keeps
it for you when you close it without having to "save" or "save as". Your entrys are
saved in order and the first line will be the subject line when you open it.
I made my first one to be 090106 test and it worked fine, I pasted in a couple of
notes I had open but not saved in notepad and there they were.
FREE NoteLens 1.07 (for Windows)

NoteLens offers a fast and simple solution. This program is dead simple to use.
Open it. Type a note. Close it. Saving and indexing is done automatically. To find
a previous note, use the built-in search bar.

The program can also integrate notes and contacts from Outlook (not Outlook
Express). You can keep all of your one-off reminders in one place.

The Product Page

Thump
Back to top Go down
http://www.thumpnet.com
rockhump

rockhump

PostSubject: FREE NoteLens 1.07   FREE  NoteLens 1.07 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 7:14 am

That sounds pretty good Thump. I might try it at home when I get a chance to evaluate it's usefullness for work..Not sure the Siemens security crap will actually let me have it though on my laptop. Probably be this weekend before I get to it.
Back to top Go down
Thump

Thump

PostSubject: Re: FREE NoteLens 1.07   FREE  NoteLens 1.07 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:40 pm

I don't think you'd be disappointed with it, I love mine. I'm going to have to get them all
out one at a time and save them somewhere else though, I'm running Vista Ultimate on
the free period before you have to activate it and I'm afraid it's not portable. I might
can find a way to save and add them back to a new install though, don't know.
I don't know why anyone would mind you having it on your work computer, it's just a
easier saving notepad. If you double click on any of the entrys they just open in
notepad.

Thump
Back to top Go down
Thump

Thump

PostSubject: Re: FREE NoteLens 1.07   FREE  NoteLens 1.07 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:50 am

I'm still happy with it when I remember to use it, it's just a notepad organizer and
should be fine even for work.
If you don't want that I have a template that is similar to one I use HERE

With it open in Internet Explorer, just either click View up at the top and then Souce from the
menu and it should open in notepad. In the bottem window change it from Text Documetn (.txt)
to All Files and put a .html after it and you have it. Just write anything you like in the source file
and it will appear just as you've written it. Just remember to save it as .html every time
'cause it will revert to .txt as the default every time and you have to change it back to All Files.
(You always have to choose Save As instead of just Save)

Thump
Back to top Go down
rockhump

rockhump

PostSubject: FREE NoteLens 1.07   FREE  NoteLens 1.07 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 7:31 am

Well, I downloaded it and it appears to work..Not as easy as I thought to install.. Wanted me to make sure I had .net framework 1. something.. I did. When I went to install it, it said I needed 2. something. It gave me a link to windows to download 2. something. I went there and all I could find was 3. something.Installed it ..Took several minutes. It said it was done and I could exit the internet but then it started installing again. Oh well, appears it's there now on the desktop and I can paste notes in. I'm guessing my Siemens laptop will balk at this..It won't even let us open you tube videos and I don't think it will allow me to update any .net framework stuff.

May have worked better here at home if I had used IE instead of Mozilla?
Back to top Go down
Thump

Thump

PostSubject: Re: FREE NoteLens 1.07   FREE  NoteLens 1.07 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:22 am

I hope it works as well for you as mine does. If I didn't mention, the title of each note
will be the first line in each note you type so choosing a good first line can really help
you find them later. I haven't tried the search in it 'cause I really don't have enough
yet to need that. Unless it's a special topic I usually start my first line with, example,
090115 whatever so I can see it by date.
Sorry you had trouble with it, I've only used it on Vista. I bet your work computer
already has the .net framework and your company uses it.

Thump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FREE NoteLens 1.07   FREE  NoteLens 1.07 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FREE NoteLens 1.07
Page 1 of 1