Thump's Place FL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thump's Place FL

For my friends and familys amusement and edification

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I have a problem.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bibi

I have a problem. Empty
PostSubject: I have a problem.   I have a problem. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 11:01 pm

Hi Tommy,
I have a problem that I hope you can help me with. I have a couple things that I have put on my desktop that I watch fairly often. One is Bianca Ryan singing (I think I sent you that one) and another one is El Camino Del Rey - I think I sent that one to you too. Anyway, sometimes when I bring them up they do fine but lots of times they will start, then stop, then start, then stop and on and on. Is something wrong with my computer or am I just wearing these things out. I know I'm not very articulate when it comes to trying to explain what happens on the computer. In other words sometimes when the girl is singing the song will go all the way through without stopping and other times it stops all the way through. Does this make any sense to you? (No, I'm not drunk!)
Bibi
Back to top Go down
Thump

Thump

I have a problem. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have a problem.   I have a problem. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 8:44 am

I'll make a guess that you don't have them saved and they have to run off the internet.
That means they can just work as fast as you can download them each time. They will
pause or stop if the internet can't deliever them to you fast enogh. I usually save
anything that I want to run over and over and that should fix it.

Without knowing the specs of your machine I'd still say it probably isn't because your
machine is too slow. If you had them saved on your machine they would almost
certainly play better than the way you described them.

Thump
Back to top Go down
http://www.thumpnet.com
Bibi

I have a problem. Empty
PostSubject: I have a problem   I have a problem. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 2:56 pm

Tommy,
Thanks for your reply. I tried to save each of these but got this: "this webpage could not be saved."
Wonder why?
Bibi
Back to top Go down
Thump

Thump

I have a problem. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have a problem.   I have a problem. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 8:27 am

It's because of the new type of video files they're using. I worked on them a while back for
a few days and was finally able to save some but they wouldn't even play unless I got a
special kind of new player that's really no good. It's proprietary I guess and I asked some
of the kids online and they said it wasn't worth it for such a little file. They said you get a
lot better video with mpeg4 I think and better music with mp3. It's true so I quit fooling
with it. I didn't see either of the ones you mentioned as either of those though.

The Bianca Ryan was a youtube video a .swf file and I couldn't even tell what the other
from Brightcove was from the code. It's even smaller and they hide what it is.

I did notice that the 11 year old Bianca Ryan was from 2006 so she's probably 14 now,
maybe 13. The only song I could find of hers right off without much searching sounded
terrible to me and had no picture with the music. I can let you have that if you want.

Thump
Back to top Go down
Bibi

I have a problem. Empty
PostSubject: problem   I have a problem. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 3:45 pm

Thanks Tommy. I can still get both those I told you about except at times they stall and other times they'll do fine. As I told you before, my computer knowledge is almost nil but I do like to shop online, pay my bills, and play bridge! Thanks for your help.
Bibi
Back to top Go down
rockhump

rockhump

I have a problem. Empty
PostSubject: Online bill pay   I have a problem. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 7:26 am

Bibi, if I had to pick my favorite thing about the internet it would be the online bill pay! Tracy's dad JR was down here one day and I needed to pay some billls.. I whipped up my bank acct and paid 4 bills in less than 30 seconds and he was amazed..No stamps,no envelopes, no problem!
Back to top Go down
Bibi

I have a problem. Empty
PostSubject: problem   I have a problem. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 9:30 am

I, too, like bill pay. I use to pay my bills on the first of every month and it took hours. Also, it saves on checks. I am still using the same package (50) that I started over a year ago! I also love to shop online.
Sunday, I bought a 32 inch flat screen TV from Tiger Direct (through Amazon), Toshiba, No tax, no shipping! And I got an email this am stating that delivery would be made on Wednesday. This TV cost me $450. I don't think I could ever match that deal in Johnson City. I don't know what on earth I would do without my computer!
Back to top Go down
Thump

Thump

I have a problem. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have a problem.   I have a problem. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 4:13 pm

I probably ought to look into that bill pay thing but Helen pays them now
so I don't have to fool with it. Not a lot of motivation here.

We got our new TV today and it's sitting in there in the floor, looks like it
might just fit in the TV cabinet but I wouldn't swear.

I found a place with links to a program to save the YouTube videos
and directions and a player so you can play them on your machine.
[url=http://www.komando.com/myvideo/[/url]

Thump
Back to top Go down
Bibi

I have a problem. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have a problem.   I have a problem. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 9:43 am

Hi Tommy,
Did you ever watch Don Imus on TV? I guess I am kinda weird but that was one of most favorite programs...his back and forth with his sidekick, Charles McCord, and all of his guests. I didn't agree with him on politics - bet he's moaning over Hillary now - but I thorougly enjoyed his program. Now, I think he's on RFD-TV which I can't get; however, Charter sent me a new listing of available chanels and I noticed that RFD is on Digital View Plus. Do you get that? It says that Charter Digital equipment is required to view. What does that mean? (More money, I guess, but I have to pay enough as it is and it keeps going up all the time!).
Bibi
Back to top Go down
Thump

Thump

I have a problem. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have a problem.   I have a problem. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 1:09 pm

Yeah, it must mean more money and maybe another box. Otherwise you could just get it now.
They don't need additional equipment unless they are trying to make it unavailabe to some.

I really don't watch TV at all unless something catches my eye while Helsn's watching it.
Sometimes though I'll pause and answer a Jeopardy question while I'm passing.

I bet that's available online somewhere but it'd probably be in one of those little boxes.
I was searching for information about online TV a while back before my computer started
tearomg i[. I'll try and get back to it later and I'll let you know if I run across a link to his
show.

Thump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I have a problem. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have a problem.   I have a problem. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I have a problem.
Page 1 of 1