Thump's Place FL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Thump's Place FL

For my friends and familys amusement and edification

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Windows 7 How To

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thump

Thump

Windows 7 How To Empty
PostSubject: Windows 7 How To   Windows 7 How To Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 5:16 pm

Some how to articles and videos from Microsoft on how to do some things in the new
Windows 7 you might want to take a look at. One of them is about how to set up a
slideshow for the desktop I think. The links are at the bottom of the following page:

MS Links at the bottom page

+ This 50-page Guide to Windows 7 is Free
Back to top Go down
http://www.thumpnet.com
Thump

Thump

Windows 7 How To Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 How To   Windows 7 How To Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 9:30 am

I think you use Windows Media Player and are pretty happy with it?
If so, you'll need some codecs, no way MS can keep up to date with all the new ones
coming out for the media player.

Kevin usually just uses the k-lite codec pack:
K-Lite Codec Pack

"Codecs have been a problem for most users at one time or another. This is because there has never been an 'out of the box' working solution that the average computer user could install and just have everything work properly from the beginning."
Windows 7 Codecs Download page

About Codecs (If you want to make your own decision):
How-To Geek Article

I usually use the plain looking KVM player instead of media player, it comes with it's own codec pack.
I'm not sure what's really best for most folks though and since I don't play much music or videos,
I haven't made a decision what I'm going to use on this one though. I know you do and will want to
have it ready to play when you try to play something.

There's a real good itunes player but it doesn't get or put anything on Apple devices.
There's also conversion tools.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thumpnet.com
rockhump

rockhump

Windows 7 How To Empty
PostSubject: Windows 7 How To   Windows 7 How To Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 2:53 pm

I rarely use WMP. Most of all my music runs on Itunes I like Itunes pretty well although it is bad to duplicate your music when you load it new and it asks if you want it to import music for you. I have it loaded on both partitions now and I told it what to import.

Both partitions are running great now and I'm pretty much done for awhile. We boot up to Ulimate by default and it's running MSE. The other one that I haven't revisted in a couple of days still has Macafee.

I played around with sharing and setting up hte home network group share, etc., but after watsing an hour I just imported everything in to Ulimate from my USB backup..Done Still got about 250gb free on each partition!

Only other thing I need is the Office key and maybe you can have that ready tonight?

Later
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Windows 7 How To Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 How To   Windows 7 How To Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windows 7 How To
Page 1 of 1